Not sure how to use your CBD isolate? No worries, we’ve got you covered with this great collection of recipes and suggested uses. While people like the price of CBD isolate, they often lack the knowledge on how to use it, and may not even realize you can use it in all sorts of wonderful homemade products!
Make Your Own Tincture
- Put 2 ozs of base oil in a glass cup or jar. (See list of base oils below)
- Use the double boiler method (one pot inside another smaller one) to make sure your oil wont burn.
- Keeping the heat medium-low, warm the oil for 5-10 minutes.
- Once oil is warm, add one entire gram of CBD isolate into cup of oil.
- Stir occasionally until the liquid becomes clear and not cloudy. This should take around 5 minutes.
- Once liquid is clear, you have an infused oil
Peanut Butter CBD-Enriched Dog Cookies
These dog cookies combine the deliciousness of apple sauce and peanut butter with the goodness of CBD oil. They’re sure to be a hit with your furry friends!
- 1 cup apple sauce *
- ½ cup peanut butter *
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- CBD oil
*Ensure that the apple sauce and peanut butter don’t contain toxic preservatives or sweeteners. Be especially careful to avoid xylitol, a common sweetener that’s extremely toxic to dogs, even in small doses.
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit (170 degrees Celcius).
- Mix the apple sauce, peanut butter, and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Add the baking soda and flour while stirring.
- Mix until everything is well-combined. Ideally, you’d like it to be a dough-like consistency. If necessary, add more flour or a little water to change the consistency.
- Roll the dough into small balls. Alternatively, roll the dough out and use cookie cutters to divide them up. You want them to be about a quarter of an inch (half a centimeter) in thickness.
- Put parchment paper or wax paper on a baking sheet. Add the cookie dough to the sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Once cooled down completely, add the CBD oil to the cookies. If your dog needs one drop of CBD oil a day, add one drop to each treat. Allow the oil to soak into the cookies.
Store the biscuits in an airtight container. Give your dog one treat a day, or more if they need an extra dose.
CBD Infused Brownie Recipe
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
¼ teaspoon baking powder
⅓ cup cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup flour
First, you need to decide how potent you want the CBD edibles to be. This recipe makes about 10 brownies. The typical adult takes about 25mg of CBD per day. Mix the entire gram of CBD isolate into 2 cups of oil. You will only be needing ½ cup (247.5mg of CBD) for this recipe. This will leave you with 1.5 cups (742.5mg of CBD, or 247.5mg per half cup) of CBD-infused vegetable oil to be used for other recipes.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix oil and sugar until well blended.
Add eggs and vanilla; stir just until blended.
Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Stir dry ingredients into the oil/sugar mixture.
Pour into greased 9 x 9 square pan.
Bake for 20 minutes or until sides just start to pull away from the pan.
Cool completely before cutting.
The resulting brownies will contain 24.75mg of CBD if cut into 10 pieces. If you need a stronger batch of brownies, instead of mixing the CBD isolate into 2 cups in the beginning, just mix it into 1 cup. This will result in each brownie containing 49.5mg of CBD.
CBD infused Pesto
CBD infused pesto can be a great way to add an extra dose of CBD on a day that you feel like you need that little extra boost of CBD. Pesto has a multitude of uses in the kitchen. You can spread it directly on bread, use it as a sauce for pasta, toss it in with some steamed veggies, add it to your dressing for a salad, or my personal favorite – add it to a grilled cheese! This recipe will yield you 3 cups of pesto infused with 990mg of CBD.
½ cup of pesto = 165mg of CBD
1 tablespoon of pesto = 20mg of CBD
1 teaspoon of pesto = 7mg of CBD
4 cups spinach leaves
1 ½ cups chopped walnuts
1 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup Olive Oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
Then, place the green garlic, spinach, walnuts and cheese in a food processor. Pulse for 5-10 second intervals about 10 times, until the greens and walnuts are finely chopped.
Add the Olive oil and mix gently, then process for 10-15 more seconds until everything is well blended.
Scrape the side and the lid.
Add the salt and pepper and pulse again until everything is chopped fine and blended.
Transfer the pesto to a jar and add a little drizzle of olive oil on top.